Re-insulate

Under the tank should be clear so that the heat from below raises the water temperature in cold weather.
Leo

I know the original post is quite old at this stage, but one point in there that remains open I think relates to the suitability of stone-cladded walls to the use of the pumped insulation solutions.

Does it require removing stone, or are the holes so small the refill afterwards can be easily disguised ?

In any of the stone cladding ads that I've seen, they state the insulating properties of this type of work. But that was then and this is now.

As an architect, I designed built my house in 1966 with UF cavity wall insulation. Unfortunately this degrades and is now very powdery. No cavity wall firm will re-insulate when they know that there is already a filling. However, I'm sure that modern cavity filling will just push replace the old UF. How do I get anyone to do that?

Last edited by a moderator:
As an architect, I designed built my house in 1966 with UF cavity wall insulation. Unfortunately this degrades and is now very powdery. No cavity wall firm will re-insulate when they know that there is already a filling. However, I'm sure that modern cavity filling will just push replace the old UF. How do I get anyone to do that?

anyone want to start a business with a 'super vacuum machine', cleaning out botched cavity insulation jobs.. now there's a business that will grow...

"vaity" --> "cavity" ! D'oh...

I was nearly sure it was some new Hi-Tech creeping nanomachine thing from the States under a proprietary name!

However the leap has merit - something that crawls the cavity and clears it might work better than a "sucky" solution.

Back