Re: How much to build a partition wall?

Dublin3124

Hi,

Buying a house at the moment and the house was orignally a 3 bed property but it was changed to a 2 bed house. I would like to put it back to a 3 bed house. I know this is possible but how expensive is it to get done?

Would anyone know how much it will cost and and how long it would take?

Thanks

Really depends on what the partition is constructed from.
If it's just timber studding and plasterboard it should be easy enough, though you should note that if there are any electrics involved it will be more difficult.

Hi,
I would hold back till Jan as it's a pretty crazy time of the year for trades. When they come back after the holidays you will get a better price.

I changed a one bedroom flat into a 2 bedroom.
The partition was 2.6 meters * 2.3 meters.
It was a stud partition, plasterboard, with insulation to dampen the noise
There was a new door involved

It cost maybe 300 for the materials, 350 for the labour involved in putting in the wall, and 150 to have it skimmed.

Then I painted it, I guess 1000 euros covered everything

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated. Think I will wait until after Christmas. Wont be in the house until early december anyway so will leave it until January.

Thanks again :)

I changed a one bedroom flat into a 2 bedroom.
The partition was 2.6 meters * 2.3 meters.
It was a stud partition, plasterboard, with insulation to dampen the noise
There was a new door involved

It cost maybe 300 for the materials, 350 for the labour involved in putting in the wall, and 150 to have it skimmed.

Then I painted it, I guess 1000 euros covered everything

What insulation did you use and does it do a good job on the sound? I'm hoping to do something to some of the walls in my house to deal with sound so I'm curious how it went for you.

I used Rockwool in 50% of my walls and it's fab, used fiber glass in the rest as the supplier ran out of rockwool and their is a big difference. Double slab with rockwool and your can party all night!!

Building a partition wall in bedroom

Ready to get the partition wall done but there is a lovely wooden floor already down. Should I take it up or can the partition wall be built on top of the floor?

Thanks

Back