Health Insurance Re: Health Insurance Renewal.

Investor100

Hi,

I am currently with Laya Healthcare, and I am on the Control 450 create plan. My plan is due for renewal on the 1st January 2021 and the price for renewal is €1,193.27, which amounts to an annual increase of approximately €12 compared to last year.

My question / query is two-fold and is as follows: Is there another plan I could get with the same cover, but at a lower price, and are there better plans out there, with better cover that I could get for the same price? I am single with no dependents, and I am prepared to change companies, if necessary.

Regards,

Investor 100

You would be well advised to call your insurer and ask them those two questions.

You could have a look in the meantime at the www.hia.ie website and run a comparison for other options before you ring Laya. Forewarned is forearmed.

You could check Control 450 Connect which seems the same Hospital cover except it has a higher day to day excess.

I have already contacted Laya, and have been told that there are no better options / alternatives available from them.

You have a very high excess really, if you pay ten or 15 euro.more per month you will get a better policy, i.e. connect simplicity, simple connect plus, control 300 create , all those have great outpatient benefits too, as well as cover for routine dentistry snd optical.

Back