RCI points scheme

Lane7

Anybody familiar with the RCI points scheme or the Diversified Resorts group operating out of Sunset Beach Club in Benalmadena? Basically we were there last week and long story short, agreed to sign up for the scheme which looks good on paper. However after googling it, I see a lot of dissatisfied customers regarding inability to get holidays as promised, points and management fees being increased etc etc. It now sounds like a bit of a scam where they take our money up front and then almost make it impossible for us to get the holiday we want at the points price we were shown. We have a 10 day cooling off period so can opt out - not sure how easy that will be to do though! If anybody can advise whether the scheme is worth continuing with, I would be most grateful.

Thanks Billo - interesting reading.
Does any reader have access to the RCI points calendar? As an example, we were advised that Holiday Palace Hotel near Fuengirola would "cost" 23,000 in Week 36 - September. Is this correct as some reports indicate that this may be misleading and in fact, the points would in reality be significantly higher?

Hi,
Was in a very similar situation some years ago with Sunsetbeach club and RCI points system. I attended the sales meeting and was at a very advanced stage of the deal. Following some futher research we decided to pull out which we are now very glad we did. Advice would be to using the cooling off period and get out now, have heard little positives about the scheme.

RCI points

Deli, assuming you had paid the "deposit", did you have any trouble getting it back? Also, did you use a registered letter to withdraw - I assume if I send an email, they will / may deny receiving it.

Its some time ago, but as far as I can remember we sent the withdrawal by fax and registered post and did get our deposit back. I also think its worth while following it up with a call, so they don't claim that the 10 day period is up.

Back