Rate for website creation?

g1g

Hi,

just wondering what the going rate for a website is these days. Looking to get one done with information and pics on it, no shopping cart or anything like that.

Thanks.

Why? Is it a secret?

An why post in public saying that you've sent a Private Message to another poster?! :confused:

I had written my mail to them in the forum by accident instead of pm-ing it.... and it had my email address etc, so then i had to edit it and replace it with something else quickly instead!!

just want something simple and informative. wont really require updating. What sort of price what that be around paddi22?

Someone from here recommended a company to me,they are on the other side of the world but i just had one completed for less than €500 and im very happy with it.

I'm a web designer (amongst other things) and for a simple site would charge no more than €500 to design and create it.

HTH
UC

Why? Is it a secret?

An why post in public saying that you've sent a Private Message to another poster?! :confused:

Agreed, pet hate of mine. PM sent - so what? We're not on boards.ie here.

Simple website should just be a few hundred euro if not too fussy.

Here is a website [broken link removed] which I know only charge a few hundred euro for a basic site.

CAVEAT: I have an association with this site.

I presume the prices for the websites exclude webspace and domain charges normally unless you go for some all in service..

I presume the prices for the websites exclude webspace and domain charges normally unless you go for some all in service..

Yes usually, hosting and domain charges would be at most €100 per annum... All depends on the company you use to purchase them!

However, a I have completed a number of simple sites under €500 including the domain & hosting charges, so it's always possible :D

Would this be template or ground up design?

While I am happy to work with a template someone may have already, generally it's ground up jobs I do. Obviously, it depends on the site features, but to be honest, if it's a simple, clean brochure site, then €500 won't see you wrong :D

Don't want to advertise though, sorry AAM :eek:

You might get someone offering you a cheap site for a couple of hundred euro, but you can usually tell the difference

Perhaps in some instances it can be true, however, I would also like to say that sometimes a lower price doesn't always translate to lesser quality... Some developers just wish to provide services at more affordable rates than others - it's my personal 'quest' :D

I know my view is to help people get what they want at prices that suit them, and me obviously; I'm by no means out of pocket by charging more affordable rates, I have virtually no overheads, and work from home, so find my rate a fair one!!

I do suggest that you don't always go for the lowest price, make sure you get multiple quotes for the same project spec, like everything else really!

Like any for kind of development, be it house building, computer development, etc, it all depends on the requirements of the client, without knowing these in specifics it's quite difficult to give a clear indication of price.

Anyway, digressing, the OP was looking for rates, there's a good variation here!

:D

Back