RAS Scheme House Inspection

car29

Having a House inpspection done for the RAS scheme and wondering what they check under the house inspection, house is in pretty good nick first let after 16 years living there with my family, just a bit nervous that all is up to scratch, if any one has a inspection done recently any comments would be greatly appreciated.

The inspection is to ensure it is up to the standards they require - that it clean, has appropriate furnishings etc.

There will also be a safety inspection, they will check for smoke alarms etc and may require you to get fire blankets/extinguishers where appropriate.

Not too much to worry about really, they just need to make sure the place is safe and not a kip!

hi all ,how do you get on this ras scheme as a landlord? does it take long to get it up an running.

lol, seems to be a lot more interest from landlords in RAS and Social Welfare tenants these days!

The RAS is administered by the local housing authority (usually county coucil). Start with their website.

It is supposed to be easier to get signed up if you already have long term tenants in receipt of RS. I'd say councils realise they can now hammer landlords for a very good deal given the security of tenure they promise.

I'd still prefer to find RS tenants directly myself and be able to veto ones I don't like the look of but I'm expecting a letter in the next 12 months offering me RAS or my tenants will have to move out. I'd say that's the way it'll go anyway.

Back