Rangemaster Cooker

ckc123

Hi, does anyone have a Rangemaster cooker? If so, what do you think of it? Thanks.

We got a 110 a couple of years ago, gas hob, electric oven. Lovely cooker, great space. Only complaint is that our 1 year old can twist the knobs easily, and potentially turn on the gas. Ive since noticed that some cookers have made it much more difficult to do this. Maybe there is a cover you can buy to protect from this.

Have one too- think there is a past thread about them- you should do a search. In relation to safety, if you get the glass cover and keep it shut when not in use, there is a safety which does not allow the gas to flow even if knobs are turned.

Hi there,

I bought a 110 range master classic 8 months ago. Its an all LPG (bottled gas) model. Firstly, if you are intent on buying one, do shop around. I found remarkable differences in prices. Finally I bought it in Newry for 800 euro less than the cheapest price I got in Dublin;Galway;Limerick and Athlone. The shop in Newry also delivered to my home in Co. Offaly. LPG version works best with propane. I prefer a gas hob. I am sorry I did not get an electric oven. The gas ovens are hotter at the back than the front.
I also had to get in a service technician straight away as one of the ovens was not working.
Tip: Call the service number when you get the cooker and ask them to send some knobs (pretend some are missing/broken). Then you will have spare ones. The knobs are quite flimsey.

Personnally, If I were doing it again I would have bitten the bullet and bought an AGA. (Although I believe that returned new AGAs are pilled up in retail stores...... rangemaster is owned by AGA actually)

In addition, the gas hob is a bit of a pain to clean if you are a lazy housekeeper. But no more difficult than any gas hob.

The gas hob comes with a hot plate that can be mounted in two burners for frying steaks etc. It is most certainly the best pan I have ever used to cook a steak on. However, it is coated with a non-stick surfacing that is quite easily scratched. Be sure to soak it rather than scrub.

I bought my rangemaster just two months ago. It's all electric Rangemaster 90 with glass lid. I am absolutely delighted with the quality. If you want to know more specifications try this site .

cookersetc actually deliver most of the brands they sell to ireland, except the fecking rangemaster ones!

I know, I know,that was my reaction too. I ended up buying from Dun Laughaire.At least the lady there was very informative .

We have our Rangemaster only 1 month (gas hob and electric oven) and find it great and really quick at cooking any meal - always a bonus.

The only issue we had was there was a small leak coming from it which was purely our own fault - nothing to do with Rangemaster. What happened was we got a plumber to come around to hook the gas up to it but when he saw the cooker he said we could do it ourselves by buying a type of 'screw' in the local hardware and attaching it to the gas pipe in the kitchen to the back of the cooker. We duely did this and hubby connected it up. However over the last few days we started to get a hint of gas in the kitchen. After calling out a member of Bord Gais they promptly told us that we should have put tape around the screw feeding the gas into the cooker - all very standard apparantly. He couldn't believe that the plumber told us we could do it ourselves. Felt a bit stupid to be honest and feel like giving the plumber an earful. However it's fixed now but just remember to ensure the tape is around the gas feed and the screw.

Back