Range Cookers

Muz

I am looking at the Leisure brand Range cooker in Powecity. It has a gas hob and electric ovens and is considerably cheaper than any of the other brands (around 1200 Euro). Has any one any experience of this brand?

Hi Muz,
I was also looking at these and I understand that they are manufactured by BEKO. Ihad a look at the doors etc and wasn't impressed by the quality.
Regards,
Horse.

getting a new range type cooker my self. We have settled on a Zanussi one. Retails at about 1600. check it out at

Not many places have it in stock but when i rang Zanussi they said all the main shops will order it. lead time about 3 weeks.

The only problem is trying to get an extractor hood that is 100cm.

I also thought the doors on the Leisure were very flimsy. Once I saw the Zanussi I decided that was the one to get. We were thinking of getting a 90cm cooker hood.

the people installing our kitchen wont let us put in a 90cm hood for safety reasons.

Found out that there are a few options for 100cm hood :

Stoves
Belling
Beaumatic
& Waterford

Waterford are the most expesive but the rest are around €300/€400

I have a Leisure roma 100 with ceramic hob and two electric ovens, paid around €950 in a sale in Flor Griffins for it. Using it 4 months now & very happy with it, was originally going for a Rangemaster or similar, but very expensive and I do like cooking and bake alot.
The fan oven is great, havent actually used the other oven yet, its a conventional oven (no fan). Its not self-cleaning but I had that on another oven in our old house and hardly used it anyway.
Ceramic hob has rapid heat up plates and is very quick and controllable. and I think its A rated too.

The inner glass in the oven door slides out for cleaning if you want, havent done this yet.

I have it in black and looks much nicer than the silver. (I think anyway).
When we purchased I think the Dual Fuel models were a little bit more expensive anyway.

they said with the cooker being 100cm and the hood being only 90cm that would mean that 10cm of the cooker would be directly under the wall units and because its Gas and therfore flames they could not install it beacuse of thr risk, albeit small, that the flames would cause the units above to go on fire. sounds mad i know but in fairness they sourced 100cm hoods at the same price so its not like they were doing it to make more money.

Bit mad alright, it's not like all the heat goes directly upwards. So some of the heat will still affect the cabinets.

There should not be a problem with installing a cooker hood smaller than the cooker, as there is no obligation to have a cooker hood,
However, having kitchen presses directly above a gas cooker sounds like
a fire hazard to me.

Back