Random UB arrears letter

Yes, this happened to me twice by small amount - seemingly system glitches but very annoying

Does this affect your credit rating, even though it is their error?
(nothing surprises me anymore )

Bang in a complaint, "horrified to read", "besmirch my good name", "have always prioritised paying UB", "after all my struggles to meet my obligations", "never been in arrears",

Actually you don't need to go all Talk to Joe about it, you can just state that this is a serious error and you want confirmation that it has been rectified and compensation for the distress. Damage to your reputation is a serious matter, although the letter was presumably private, who knows who might have seen it in the bank.

You really should complain, UB have lived with hopeless IT systems for a long time now. Only pressure will make them invest in updating them.

Bang in a complaint, "horrified to read", "besmirch my good name", "have always prioritised paying UB", "after all my struggles to meet my obligations", "never been in arrears",

Actually you don't need to go all Talk to Joe about it, you can just state that this is a serious error and you want confirmation that it has been rectified and compensation for the distress. Damage to your reputation is a serious matter, although the letter was presumably private, who knows who might have seen it in the bank.

You really should complain, UB have lived with hopeless IT systems for a long time now. Only pressure will make them invest in updating them.
It’s a case of “adding to my long list” at the moment. They are a disaster.

I think that this may be a more serious issue if we can already identify a few people on here that it has happened to.

As far as I know these arrears were reported to the credit bureau and mine went on for months before they advised me I was in arrears, no sorry letter, just that I was in arrears!

You need to contact them and complain as it may impact your credit history.

Back