Raisin now offering 3.03% AER Demand Deposit Account

@Lightning Is it worth noting the lower rate/different DIRT treatment (for higher rate taxpayers) in Best Buys, so that the rates quoted are equivalent? (unless someone corrects my reasoning)

Good catch! I thought it might make some difference them being non-EU but I hadn't thought of checking the DIRT rules.
This means that (for a higher rate taxpayer) the pre-DIRT interest rate given (3.03%) is actually equivalent to an EU bank offering a pre-DIRT rate of 2.71%

I am about to open that Morrow account via Raisin, are you saying the rate is really 2.71 because of some T&C's that I didnt read?
It is beginning to feel like more hassle than it is worth to proceed.

I am about to open that Morrow account via Raisin, are you saying the rate is really 2.71 because of some T&C's that I didnt read?
It is beginning to feel like more hassle than it is worth to proceed.
Not T&C's. It'll be 3.03% AER (before DIRT) alright but then you'll either pay 33% DIRT to Revenue (if you're a standard rate taxpayer) or 40% DIRT (if you're a higher rate taxpayer). So, if you're standard rate, it's the same DIRT as EU-based banks.

I understand and accept that the Norwegian Deposit Guarantee scheme applies. However what is the status of the funds when "they are resting" with Raisen either on the way to the bank or on the way back. Any guarantees there?

@Lightning Is it worth noting the lower rate/different DIRT treatment (for higher rate taxpayers) in Best Buys, so that the rates quoted are equivalent? (unless someone corrects my reasoning)

I think your reasoning is actually likely accurate. I will add a note to the best buys. Thanks for pointing this out.

I understand and accept that the Norwegian Deposit Guarantee scheme applies. However what is the status of the funds when "they are resting" with Raisen either on the way to the bank or on the way back. Any guarantees there?

Deposits in Raisin itself are subject to the German deposit guarantee scheme.

Back