Raisin bank advice on Fixed Term Deposit

Kelmcc

Hi,

I have money I want to deposit. I bank with PTSB and have no real experience with dealing with this sort of thing.
From reading other posts Raisin bank have come up alot. Is your money secure with them? I wouldn't be in to risky investments at all!.
Is Rasin easy to deal with? Like open account? Are they easy to withdraw money at the end of term? Tax implications, do I pay the tax or is it automatically taken off.

Many thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I have used Raisin for a few years now and am happy with it. In the last year or so the interest rate has been very good so its worth setting up with them if you have funds sitting in an irish account. They offer a referral whereby you and I both get €50 if i refer you and you open an account. Let me know if you are interested in that and ill pm you.

I have withdrawn my money quickly and easily when I wantwd to. No issues at all.

there is tax implications as youll have a foreign deposit acc but its all explained on the website. I have entered the details in my annual tax return, fairly straight forward.

Thanks.

Back