RAF Great Coat - wanted

NickleIckle

Strange one this - some family are coming over to visit from the US, and my brother-in-law is looking for an RAF Great Coat in a size 40...
Any ideas where he can get one?!
NickleIckle

Re: RAF Great Coat - WANTED!!

Army surplus store? There used to be a few of these around Dublin (although you don't say where you are located). Or maybe try a vintage clothing store - there are a few in Temple Bar (or at least there used to be).

Thanks so much - am located in Athlone, but will probably be in Dublin at some point.
Do you have any names or addresses or vintage stores I can look up?

I checked www.goldenpages.ie and found that one army surplus store that I used to visit still exists. The address is 30 Little Mary Street. It's just off Capel Street. Not sure how well you know Dublin, but if you head down Henry Street and along Mary Street you will eventually come to Capel Street. Their phone number is (01)8744600, if you want to phone ahead to see if they have what you're looking for.

As for vintage clothes shops, up around George's Street is probably your best bet, now that I think about it. There's Harlequin, Wild Child and Jenny Vander all within a small area around the George's Street Arcade.

There are still a couple of army surplus shops in and around Litttle Mary Street, Mary's Lane and Mary's Abbey all of which are off Capel Street in Dublin, I can't remember the exact address, hope this helps.

Back