Radiator Heating Problem

dawnsurprise

Hi,
Just completed an extension in our house, which involved a the installation of a new Condensing boiler & Cylinder in the hot press. My problem is this......
I have one radiator that does not heat up sufficiently. I will get warm to hot at the TOP, but remains cold at the BOTTOM. I first thought that there was air in the radiator & I bled it but it did not solve my problem.
All the other radiators in the house are working perfectly.... Any ideas?

Where is the radiator? try turning off all radiators that are getting hot all over (turn off one side only). leave the problem rad on. this could clear it. then turn them all back on.

Thanks a million Davy Jones....worked a treat. We're back to being roasted alive :)
What was the problem by the way?
Thanks again

It could be a bit of sludge. it builds up in your heating system over time and blocks things. I assume not in your case as there has been a new boiler installed, so in which case the installer would/should have treated and flushed the system before new installation.

in your case it may have been air, air can get trapped and it won't rise unless encouraged. You turning off rads made the pump work stronger on one point I.E your problem rad.

Back