Rabodirects Investment funds 0% entry fee for all accounts until Nov 16th

deputyjk

I see this morning that Rabo are offering a 0% entry fee for all investment funds for the month of Nov.

Anyone any hot tips of what funds to go for? (or avoid?)

Re: Rabodirects Investment funds 0% entry fee for all accounts for Nov

Don't forget that the annual management fee of 0.7%-2% and the exit fee of 0.75% on the gross value of the fund still applies. You can get unit linked funds elsewhere with no charges other than an annual management fee of c. 1%.

Thanks clubman but I find the ease of online buying and disposing of funds via rabo's internet banking worth the extra charge

The ease of buying online is outdone by the need to do your own tax return in my opinion.

I think that there are other funds with lower charges that you can trade online. And then there are ETFs etc.

Isnt Rabo supposed to be releasing a tax calculator this month for doing your returns?

Yeah, I saw that myself a few days back... ahh, here's what I'd come across;

[broken link removed]

In the coming weeks we plan to launch a Tax aid which will tell you how much profit you have made on your investments. So, all you have to do, is complete the Revenue tax form on time and work out 23%* of your profit.

Any tips on the funds anyway?

Damn, bought some more YESTERDAY (still, only paid .25% on the MLIF New Energy which is worth a punt with oil going through the roof)

Don't forget that the annual management fee of 0.7%-2% and the exit fee of 0.75% on the gross value of the fund still applies. You can get unit linked funds elsewhere with no charges other than an annual management fee of c. 1%.
clubman - are you talking about QL funds or am I missing out on something

QL is just one option that fits the bill here. There are others - e.g. offers through discount execution only brokers - that involve only a c. 1% annual management fee and no other charges.

Clubman, the annual management fee of 0.7 - 2% are you sure this is with rabo. They only mention the entry and exit fees

Clubman, the annual management fee of 0.7 - 2% are you sure this is with rabo. They only mention the entry and exit fees

Yes, there are annual management charges on the funds and these are priced into the daily NAV. Have a read of the prospectus of any fund you are interested in to get the exact charges

Mentioned here: [broken link removed]

The fee is charged by the individual fund and is reflected in the daily NAV. You'll find it on the prospectus or fact sheet for each fund.

Please note that the 0% entry on ALL managed funds is available until Nov 16th and not for the entire month.

[broken link removed]

RaboDirect

Please note that the 0% entry on ALL managed funds is available until Nov 16th and not for the entire month.

[broken link removed]

RaboDirect

Should be 0% all the time.
People here aint gonna be fooled by this mousetrap :)

The ease of buying online is outdone by the need to do your own tax return in my opinion.

Anyone competent to make investment decisions should not have a problem "doing their own tax".

Anyone competent to make investment decisions should not have a problem "doing their own tax".

I never said there was a competency issue completing the tax, just a hassle issue in my situation.

Should be 0% all the time.
People here aint gonna be fooled by this mousetrap :)

True but as they only sell third party funds they need to take a cut I guess?

If Rabo is as large as they say they are why dont they have their own funds which the could market and not charge the entry/exit fee?

I never said there was a competency issue completing the tax, just a hassle issue in my situation.
I agree. I don't consider myself incompetent in such matters but past experience of dealing with complex CGT issues (relating to eircom and First Active IPO shares) has put me off direct share investments or others that require me to do such tax returns myself. With Rabo it is this specifically as well as their (in my opinion) relatively high charges that puts me off their offerings.

Back