Rabo & Quinn life funds - Risky? Really?

colly

I'm about to invest some money in the Quinn Life Freeway funds. My thinking at the moment is a fairly even split between the China, Latin America and Emerging Markets funds.

I know it's plastered all over the palce that these are riskier funds and they are a lot more volitile, but seriously, how risky can they possibly be? Yes, "Past performance is no guarantee of future returns" is assumed, but eveyone knows China etc doing incredibly well at the moment - look at the charts - and when your money is being managed by top fund managers and spread between some the markets best bets, really, is there that much risk? Surely there is a bigger risk in investing in the Irish market - we all know how volitile our economy is at the moment - if it is Ireland or China, I know where my money is going...

"Don't invest with anything you can't afford to loose" is right. I can afford to loose this, but I want to make decent gains and no reward without risk.

What do you think?

Surely there is a bigger risk in investing in the Irish market - we all know how volitile our economy is at the moment - if it is Ireland or China, I know where my money is going...

I don't think you could get bigger risk than China at the moment to be honest. It's up 80% this, and gained 100% last year. It's not whether but when a crash is coming there - although long term it is a good investment.
The irish market is ~20% off its high so it could be a really good buying opportunity right now.

Back