Rabo Investment Funds..execution..

makko

Hi,
I am fairly new to the whole idea of rabodirect investment funds..
I have purchased two already and have noticed that the execution date is fairly random.
When are fund transactions executed? Is it 2/3 days after the order, at a set day depending on the Fund Manager or what?

I find it a bit annoying that when you see a fund at a given price you say i'll buy that but then when your order has executed the price has changed for the better/worse.. I imagine this is even more of an issue with selling..
I'm aware its like this with stockbrokers also..Will we just have to put up with this while someone else is doing the trading for us..

When are orders executed?

Market orders are executed and processed at the next available Fund Price.

Robeco Funds: Order times for Robeco funds changed on the 1st of July 2006. Your order must be placed before 2.00pm. Your order will then be transmitted on that day for execution on the following business day, in line with the following day’s price. A confirmation of the transaction will appear in your online account 2 business days from the day of your initial order placement i.e. Order day +2. Please note that once a purchase order has been placed funds are reserved in your account and will only be debited from your account once the transaction has been processed.

BlackRock Merrill Lynch Investment Funds: Your order must be placed before 10am. The order will then be executed on the same day, in line with the day’s price . A confirmation of the transaction will appear in your online account the next day.

Henderson Global Investors Funds: Your order must be placed before 11am. The order will then be executed on the same day, in line with the day’s price. A confirmation of the transaction will appear in your online account the next day.

Oppenheim Funds: Your order must be placed before 2.00pm. If you do so your order will then be transmitted to the fund provider on the same day for execution. After transmission Orders are then processed as part of the following days business using the closing NAV on the day of order transmission. A confirmation of the transaction will appear in your online account 2 business days from the day of your initial order placement i.e. Order day +2. Please note that once a purchase order has been placed funds are reserved in your account and will only be debited from your account once the transaction has been processed.

Confirmation can be checked via the secure transaction site, under “Your Accounts”. All executed Purchase or Sale transactions can be viewed under “Orders”.

We suggest that you place your order at least 15 minutes before closing time. With Market orders there are no guarantees regarding the Fund Price for which your order will be executed. Please note that it may differ from the fund price currently indicated.

If your order is placed after the stated cut-off time above for Blackrock Merrill Lynch and Henderson funds, it will be two working days before you can view the order in your online account. For Robecco and Oppenheim funds purchased after the stated cut-off time above, it will be three working days before you can view the order in your online account.

The above information has been copied directly from the RaboDirect website - FAQ's.
[broken link removed]

Regards,
RaboDirect

Back