Rabo account locked - no response from phone or email

elcato

I tried closing my account last week and managed to get locked out due to text giving me new codes everytime I entered the previous one. I have rang and left a message asking them to call me as well as sending an email. Still no contact despite this happening last week. Are they really that busy in dealing with customers ? Any experiences from anyone recently ?

Hi elcato

Exact same thing happened to me today. I logged on to close my account, but it was an old account and I had not used it much.

I found the codes very confusing and I made a few errors along the way and then got locked out.

I rang them and had to listen to a really annoying machine telling me how busy they were. But I hung on for 10 minutes and they were very helpful and unlocked the account over the phone.

So I would say ring them when they open - which I think is 9 am - and just wait until they answer.

Brendan

They are open from 8am which is not my forte. Anyway I left a message there having been told by the recording that they would ring me back and I got nada. You would expect them to be checking emails also.

I tried closing my account last week and managed to get locked out due to text giving me new codes everytime I entered the previous one. I have rang and left a message asking them to call me as well as sending an email. Still no contact despite this happening last week. Are they really that busy in dealing with customers ? Any experiences from anyone recently ?

Your closing your account and I believe the are also closing as well, so not much need for customer service in such a case. So you need to get on the phone and say on the phone until you get to talk to someone. Don't expect a call back.

Back