Quinn Freeway

You know about discount brokers and what they offer.

"In general our service will result in an enhancement in the region of 3 to 5% of the amount invested in the form of an increased allocation of units, an increased allocation rate, or a reduced annual management charge, which will be clearly stated on your policy document."
So - if they offer a 103.5% allocation rate (as you mention above) and charge €150 for their services then this is actually less than 100% for a lump sum investment of up to c. €4,300 and only above that do you start getting an actual topup on your investment? Not exactly clear from what you posted above or the link that you posted.

OK so instead of rolling over my SSIA into Quinn Life (20K) it sounds like it could be more economical for me to buy one of these single premium policies through a discount broker. Am I correct in thinking this? Can I buy into one of these Quinn funds or a combination of them through this single premium policy?

I could then continue to put my regular savings directly through Quinn Life and once I have built up maybe 10K or so, transfer over to a single premium policy and start over again.

Am I missing something here?!

OK so instead of rolling over my SSIA into Quinn Life (20K) it sounds like it could be more economical for me to buy one of these single premium policies through a discount broker. Am I correct in thinking this? Can I buy into one of these Quinn funds or a combination of them through this single premium policy?

I could then continue to put my regular savings directly through Quinn Life and once I have built up maybe 10K or so, transfer over to a single premium policy and start over again.

Am I missing something here?!

What I have done but using your 20K example.

I invested in the Eagle Star Matrix Funds (My Choice)
So instead of investing 20K I invested 20700 and got the managemnet charge reduced to 1% per annum from 1.5%
You cannot withdraw your money for 5 years or there are exit penalities to claw back the extra allocation.
This will cost you €150 to setup.

It worked out very good for me.

I also wanted to add money to the fund at a later date, I was not charged by the broker to add extra money and still got the extra allocation rate & mang. fee

The product referred to on this www.bond.ie site may also suit. It is underwritten by Standard Life. The minimum is €10,000 and you can top-up with €5,000 increments.

There are no entry charges or fees and the management charges vary on the 32 Funds available. 22 of them have a 1% AMC, of which 9 are Index-Trackers. You have access to Equity, Property, Gilt and Cash Funds.

If you invest before 31/05/2007 then 0.10% of the AMC will be added back to the policy on each policy anniversary. This means that the 1%amc effectively becomes 0.90%pa and if you invest in something like the Global REIT Fund(1.45%amc) then the charge is reduced to 1.35%pa.

It's just another option.

I have a connection with the site.

New to all this lingo - Possibly a stupid question but I can't find it answered in plain english anywhere - is there any percentage of your investment protected with these Freeway funds or is there an unlikely possibility that you could lose the lot?

Back