queuing for petrol after Budget

dewdrop

What kind of person does this to save a euro or so following the petrol increase ?

I passed by Harnett's filling station (Dublin side of Abbeyfeale) this afternoon and his price was E113.9 ............ too late for me as I had filled up for E116.9 at a filling station in Killarney Road a few minutes earlier. This evening in Dublin I saw E127.9 ......... in this context you save about E10 a fill. Providing you don't have to drive there to fill up:D

Seem to be a bit slower putting up prices in Wexford/Wicklow area. I fuelled up today at pre budget prices and could have taken my pick of places to do so.

Would have cost another fiver if the price had gone up...so I treated myself to a sandwich and a coffee from the deli with my "saving" :D

I passed by Harnett's filling station (Dublin side of Abbeyfeale) this afternoon and his price was E113.9 ............ too late for me as I had filled up for E116.9 at a filling station in Killarney Road a few minutes earlier. This evening in Dublin I saw E127.9 ......... in this context you save about E10 a fill. Providing you don't have to drive there to fill up:D

What kind of person does this to save a euro or so following the petrol increase ?

Some people might have the attitude when they pay 25 cent tax on a plastic bag in the supermarket "Ah sure it's only 25c". The problem is that they do this every time. There is nothing wrong in making savings because they all add up.

I wouldn't have queued up to get fuel at pre-Budget prices. What was the point? True, I'd have saved a few Euro, but really it would only have staved off the inevitable for a few more days. After all, there's only so much you can fit in your car's petrol tank. Although, if you have a petrol tanker at your disposal ... :p

I wouldn't have queued up to get fuel at pre-Budget prices. What was the point? True, I'd have saved a few Euro, but really it would only have staved off the inevitable for a few more days. After all, there's only so much you can fit in your car's petrol tank. Although, if you have a petrol tanker at your disposal ... :p

I think its an attitude thing, small differences add up. If I could save €4 euro on every Guinness fill up, i'd never leave the pub :p

I really wonder if it is really a money thing or is it something else that makes us save in this particular type of situation. If it was a money thing are all these people who queue do their shopping in Aldi and the likes.

I think it like alot of other things gets hyped up and people fear missing out or paying more than they have to. I wouldn't be surprised if people were going out of their way and then sitting in long queues to 'fill' their tanks ( I would doubt all in the queues actually had near empty tanks anyway). I don't think it was prudence more so following the crowd.

They should be tied to a post and prodded with sharp sticks by small children.

My friend decided to go and get petrol the night of the budget. She was 30 mins in a queue to save this €4 or €5 and ended up buying a cup of coffee and a bar of chocolate.

What about does people that stock up on postage stamps ahead of any price increase?

Ermm.... not quite the same thing, as you have to pay the new postage rate as soon as it takes effect, meaning you're paying for only part of the postage in advance.

Back