Queueing for Foxlodge Manor, Ratoath

Past30Now

My brother is currently queueing to buy a three bed semi d in this estate which are going on sale on saturday morning. He rang the estate agent a month ago about buying a property and she advised that people had started queueing for two days before the previous phase was launched. I think the estate agents are encouraging this crazy behaviour.

Is this becoming the norm for all new estates?

Past30

its a definite sign of madness.supply will eventually catch demand(within a couple of years) and queueing wont be necessary.seem like herd behaviour and panic buying to me,people see queues and think they are missing out etc,it will all end in tears.

yes its barmy behaviour , one of the weekend papers had an article regarding the launch of a new housing estate and people queued over night, it sold out in 4 mins or something daft like that and the EA had great pleasure in telling the journalist that one couple who had hoped for a 4 semi D ended up paying a deposit on a 3 bed terrace as it was the only house left..., So were there no other developments whereby they could have secured a 4 bed semi D at a similiar price.?. stupidity....

I have heard a story of a estate agent who apparently paid a few people with nothing to do for a few days a few quid to Q outside a new development he was launching , he contacted the local paper who thought this was a great story and 3 days later by launch day he had a Q of over 40 people with drafts and cheques for deposits... Not sure how true the story is but I know the estate agent in question and It wouldnt surprise me ... it was a **** development , in a crap part of town and very bady constructed ....3 years later and half the estate is up for sale..

Folks, is this thread about Foxlodge Manor, or is about something else?

People are free to contribute to existing threads on the Irish property market going on elsewhere in the forum, or to start a new thread in a more appropriate forum, but not this one.

I think I have already mentioned this to someone who has posted here already. I would like to leave it at that, thanks.

Note that I am not 'censoring' debate on the Irish property market, people are free to express whatever view they wish, either positive or negative, but not in this thread, unless it relates specifically to Foxlodge Manor. The same principle applies to all threads in LLL.

An Update

Earlier this afternoon the estate agent started taking booking deposits for the houses in foxlodge manor - I'm told they are all now sold - they weren't due on the market until saturday.

Hi Ccovich,

In fairness to the people who replied to my initial point I should state that I did ask if this was the norm - i.e. across all new estates, so other than the fact that my brother was queueing outside foxlodge manor I was asking a more general property question, which possibly belonged to one of the other forums.

Regards,

Past30

Woodstown in Knocklyon was in the news 9 years ago because of the queues that formed up to 3 to 4 days in advance of houses going on sale. We spent one night sleeping in the car - a very cold/sleepless night - but it was worth it!

Back