Questions about leasing a house.

samanthajane

My original question was too long to put in the title box, what i want to ask is if i sign a lease for 12 months, is there anyway a landlord can make me move out before this?

I have to start looking for a house to rent for me and my children, and i'm really worried that if i find somewhere that suits what I need and we get all settled the landlord will sell the house.

I've done a bit of research over the last week and there are alot of properties that are for rent that are also up for sale ( minus the for sale sign outside the house )

Even if i asked them out straight are they trying to sell their property i dount they would be totally honest with me, and i wouldn't really blame them either.

I know houses are selling slowly ( if at all ) at the moment, but it would just be my luck that if did find somewhere and then had to move again. It's going to be years before I can buy a place of my own, so I'd prefer somewhere that I could stay in for a few years.

I've tried looking at older properties that probably wouldn't of been bought in the boom so hopefully their mortgages wont be sky high and the rent would cover it so there wouldn't be a need to sell, but I haven't found one yet that is what I want.

There are loads of properties available where I live but I'm finding it hard to even get a viewing on a place, I dont seem to fit what a landlord wants......and here I was thinking people were begging to rent out their properties. Apart from daft does anyone know of any other sites I can look at, or if anyone in Balbriggan has a 2 bed house/apartment with even a little garden that doesn't mind kids or a dog, and who isn't planning on selling there house then I'm your person!!

Back