Query - What happens to the dividends if shares just got transferred to new broker?

LoveTrees

Example: if dividends get paid on 25th day of 3rd month of each quarter of the year and transfer to new broker is completed on 24th day of 3rd month (i.e. one day before payment of dividends) will the new broker get the dividends even if old broker had shares for almost entire quarter?

In other words, do the dividends keep following where the shares are residing or can they be paid to the old broker? The answer to this question might be of interest to all the ones that - like me - were forced to move from a broker to another because of Brexit. Your experience kindly welcome please...

If you r shares are held in a brokerage account, then the dividend will go to whoever held your shares on the Record Date

It depends on the ex-date. When I had to move from ig.com to interactive brokers some dividends within same quarter kept being paid to a certain date to ig.com but they were very diligent in letting me know. Just project old payment dates to the new quarter and see how it goes

Sorry I didn't realise until now I answered my same query months after:Dwell... Life experience helps answering your own questions!!!:)

Back