Query re allocation allowances

deco87

I retired in March 2020. Public service.
I have a yearly tax allowance 39300
(Divorced/ spcc allowance)
Pension 33k

started bus school run in March 20 just after I retired. With / covid - I just started back last couple weeks..

New employer asked me to have tax credits allocated to them for pay purposes.
Not sure how to go about this.
have I the difference between above figures that I could ask tax office to have , eg 39300 - 33 = 6300 available to be “ allocated” to my new employer?
If so , is it just a case of ringing them ?
thks
D

I retired in March 2020. Public service.
I have a yearly tax allowance 39300
(Divorced/ spcc allowance)
Pension 33k

started bus school run in March 20 just after I retired. With / covid - I just started back last couple weeks..

New employer asked me to have tax credits allocated to them for pay purposes.
Not sure how to go about this.
have I the difference between above figures that I could ask tax office to have , eg 39300 - 33 = 6300 available to be “ allocated” to my new employer?
If so , is it just a case of ringing them ?
thks
D

It's mainly all done online now via your own Revenue MyAccount. However you can give the PAYE helpline a call to transfer if you wish. You'll need your new employer's PAYE registered number (it's like their own PPS). Just to note you aren't transferring tax credits as you've nothing free to transfer. You are transferring unused rate band to you new employment.

Oh thanks so much indeed. This area is confusing for me !!!
From the figures I gave there am I “ transferring unused rate band “ of 6300!? “
To my new employer ?
On those figures , which I gave my new employer they said everting you earn will be taxed at 50 per cent !

Oh thanks so much indeed. This area is confusing for me !!!
From the figures I gave there am I “ transferring unused rate band “ of 6300!? “
To my new employer ?
On those figures , which I gave my new employer they said everting you earn will be taxed at 50 per cent !

The 6300 is standard rate band meaning you can earn up to 6300 spread out over the year in the new job which will be taxed at the standard rate (20%). Anything above that is taxed at the marginal rate (40%). That's just PAYE. There will also be PRSI and USC to consider.

The 6300 is standard rate band meaning you can earn up to 6300 spread out over the year in the new job which will be taxed at the standard rate (20%). Anything above that is taxed at the marginal rate (40%). That's just PAYE. There will also be PRSI and USC to consider.
Thank you

Back