Query on tracker entitlement from EBS

maradonna

hi all,

does anyone know where you can get historic interest rates on mortgages from building society EBS. I was a reduced interest rate in 2006 {easystep option} for a first time buyer and i should have moved onto a standard variable/tracker/fixed mortgage after that first year but was not offered a tracker. i moved onto a variable and in 2010 i moved onto a fixed rate not knowing that i potentially should have been on a tracker.

should the bank have offered me the cheapest interest rate - i.e. tracker or variable? If i could get these rates at least i can go back enquirying why i was not offered a tracker. i would like to do my research before going back in case they dont share all the details with me

hi maradonna
I cannot answer your post but am in the same position! was on Easystep in 2006 then was moved to SVR ( which was the same rate as a tracker at the time) . Was never offered tracker nor was it suggested. Having read through the paperwork at there is no mention of tracker so not sure where to go from here. I do feel we were not properly advised at the time.
Interestingly we are now on 4.68% SVR with EBS but AIB is only 3% for the same product - still being fleeced
good luck
kmce

Unless your contract said that you were entitled to a tracker, then you were not entitled to a tracker.

EBS was very reluctant to offer trackers and so I would be surprised if their teaser deals which were designed to attract new business gave a right to a tracker.

The historical rate has nothing to do with it. Check your contract when you took out the mortgage. If it said you were entitled to a tracker, then you should ask why you were not offered one and you have a case. If it says nothing about trackers, you are not entitled to one.

Back