Query on limit orders

LoveTrees

Sorry for the silly question but google doesn't seem to help... When I put in place a limit order with an online broker for x number of shares of a company at y price is y price the value of each individual share I would agree to buy or the total of the x shares? I don't want to submit a limit order that would go at my disadvantage... Thank you!

Typically the price of each share. If you're using a decent online system it should confirm the order total with you before you submit.

Sorry for the silly question but google doesn't seem to help... When I put in place a limit order with an online broker for x number of shares of a company at y price is y price the value of each individual share I would agree to buy or the total of the x shares? I don't want to submit a limit order that would go at my disadvantage... Thank you!

Orders are "per share" price. It should be "Y or better" - I assume that is what the broker does. It's unlikely an order will be filled in single shares. So it will be one lot or a series of lots - and each will be at a price of "Y per share" (or better)

Back