Query - American Sizes in Childrens Clothing

poppy265

Hi, I am looking to order a flowergirl dress on the net from USA and haven't a clue what size i need ?? Anyone can help me - the childs measurements are Chest 23", Waist 22", - It has sizes 2,4,6 and then 2T,3T,4T. Please help !!! The child is 5 years of age.
Thanks

I've bought some tops for my nephew from States and 4T is about aged 4, however I always buy a size bigger as the first lot I bought for him he got little wear from them. If the child is of average size or even a little small I would go for the 5T but if she is big for her age def. get her the 6T.

I'd agree, normally buying 4T for a 3 years Irish girl means she gets to wear it immediately, there sizes seem to be slightly smaller than we'd expect.
If you have a TK maxx close by, check out the dresses there, as many are US brands, marked 3T/4T etc and you can try them on to see the fit - alternatively, just buy 2 sizes larger and make sure you have the name of a good dress maker for any alterations.

Agree that their sizes are smaller. My daughter would be a petite size 6 and can wear the usa 6T but would also get away with the 7T. Would never be able to wear age 7 clothes from Irish/UK shops.

Back