Quark Express Passport 6.1 - New Document, No Borders

BobbyFowler

I'm trying to create a document that has no borders. I have an existing template that measures 1130mm x 830mm (w x h). All I need from the template is the centre piece which measures 1100mm x 800mm. Normally I convert this file to a PDF and get it printed out in town. I cut the excess border which I don't need, after it's been printed. The file I need must always measure exactly 1110 x 800. The problem I've found is that because of the existing border, sometimes the prints are up to 1cm out. The printers then have to increase or decrease the size of the print until the final result measures exactly. I've been told that the reason for this is that in the printing process an additional border is put in place, hence there needs to be a certain degree of manipulation before it's correct. They tell me the way around this is to create a file with no borders. I thought this would be pretty straightforward. I've copied all the bits which I need (measuring 1110 x 800) and created a new file with the same measurements. I put each of the 4 margin guides to "0". I seem to have no choice but to have "1" Column & a gutter width of "1.059" mm. The problem is that when I then paste the bit I need, into the new document, I can only push the document up a certain amount. I'm left with around half a cm too much space at the top, leaving half a cm too little at the bottom. As a result I'm missing the bottom half cm of my document. The Blue line shows the guidelines for the box - don't understand why I can't bring my own document right into the exact measurements. My knowledge of quark is pretty basic - is there a simple fix for what I'm looking to do?

Back