Putting stove in toyroom advice please!

rion

Hi I would really appreciate your advice we will be moving into a large house in a couple of months. We need to decide where to put our stove and cant make up our minds. Our options are the kitchen which is small as it is and if we put it in there we would have to build a chimney which would go right up and take room from our bedroom and would cause some mess.

The other option is to put it in the childrens toyroom again we would have to build a chimney but it would only disrupt one wall in the house as it located beside the outside wall.

We want/need to keep the lounge as an open fire as we have a bank boiler for it and want to keep an open fire in the house.

I would be grateful of anyone's opinions on this as were worried we'l make a huge mistake, has anyone put a stove in a room that has not had a chimney before how did it go does it look ok.. Thanks guys in advance!!

My neighbour put a stove into a kitchen extension, the chimney had to be diverted a few feet back from the exit point on the wall, its one of those chrome finished chimney flues and looks horrendous, the ugliest thing I have ever seen. Obviously cannot comment on the workings of it, I understand its connected to the heating system to heat the whole house and water, saying that they haven't really used it much

Back