Putting house on market during holiday season

Chicci

would appreciate thoughts on putting house on the market in July/August. I know traditionally this is silly season and September is regarded as a better month. The house is a family home within walking distance of Dublin City centre so should hopefully be quite sellable. We are are sale agreed on a new build due to be ready in January - I an concerned that September could be leaving the timeframe too right but equally now is traditionally a bad time to put a house on the market.

As a first time buyer i can tell you i have absolutely no consideration of what month it is. Doesn't even cross my mind when looking. The supply is just way too low to care.

Why do you think its a bad time or is it just something you've heard?

Edit - One little thing that i would have thought would make this the best time is the fact people have to show 6 months of savings to get a mortgage and it's highly likely after christmas is the best time to start properly saving so lots of people would be applying about now.

I can't think of why it would be a bad time.

Because half the people looking to buy a family home are likely to be away on holiday while the schools are closed.

I agree with the above. We recently bought a house. We looked at myhome.ie regularly whether we were here or abroad. I would put it up now.

I never really considered house buying/selling seasonal.

They take months to close, so I wouldn't let two weeks summer holidays get in the way with instant communication these days.

I recently went sale agreed on a family three bed. If I didnt, I would be still looking until my 6 month approval ran out as competition is high.
Holiday abroad this year have been ruled out as every bit is needed for move.

Back