Push Notifications

ALEXA

I have the ptsb app installed on my android phone but for some reason cannot access push notifications despite having all notifications turned on. I get the ping but when I log into my account I cannot find the notification anywhere. This means I cannot complete online purchases as most sites ask for the code supplied in the oush notification. Can anyone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? Would a visit to my ptsb branch sort this out?

If you get the push notification on your phone you respond to the notification itself & put in the requested numbers.

You don't need to login.

Same happens me with AIB app. I find I need to actually open the app first, then request the notification and it shows up in the app. Otherwise it won't show up as a push notification anywhere on my phone

hi ALEXA if you have an android phone you swipe down ( on your home screen) and you can see the notification there and hit that
took me a while to see where it was too
hope that makes sense

I'm not with PTSP but a couple of things to check;

Have you changed your phone recently? I had and it took a while to realise that the app / online service had a "primary device" setting. So even though I had switched my SIM, the notifications were being sent to my old phone.

With my app (BOI), if the push notification doesn't appear, I can open the app and on the login screen there is an option to check for notifications i.e. don't need to login to the app. I think it's in case push notifications are blocked or don't show.

In your phone settings you can check the app permissions to check that the app has full access for notifications

The Push Notifications is a pain. My office (room at home) doesn't have the greatest signal and every time I do an online purchase I have to rush out of the room to ensure I get the PN.
I also couldn't use it whilst on holiday in France a couple of weeks ago for some reason. This was with both PTSB and AIB.

Thanks guys, I'll try your suggestions next time and hopefully I'll be able to see the notification. I probably hadn't logged into my account before requesting the notification and perhaps I need to do that. Would be great to have it sorted.

Just an update - I have managed to find the push notification by swiping down on the Home screen and once I did that I was directed to my ptsb app and able to authenticate the payment. So happy to have got this working at last and can now make online purchases without problems! Many thanks for your assistance.

Back