"Pure H2O" water filtration system - fact or myth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOAH

Just a had a demo to show how bad my water is and a taste of a sample of treated water by Pure H2O.

Has anyone got this system and is it any good?

I would have been far more impressed if the demo had filtered my existing water and proved how good that was after filtration. I was always told that it was essential to drink untreated water as this was the way of improving or maintaining the immune system.

I also think if it is this good then the whole country should be on it for the supposed health benefits.

help

Noah

Last edited:
Re: pure H20 - fact or myth?

thanks all, the cost is probably on the web so here goes, it can be taken off if necessary, it starts at 2580 for everything, then u pay an annual charge of 137.00, I thnk filters are extra but not sure. However if you sign up now you get a 23% discount so it is 2,000.

The test is as follows.

1. fill a glass with water from your tap,

2. fill another glass with pure h20 water from a flask the rep has.

3. Now place the 2 glassess side by side and insert a gadget with 2 prongs for each glass.

4. introduce an electrical current.

5. pure water is a poor conductor of electrical current

6. polluted water is full of diluted solids and the electrical current agitates these so that they dissolve in the water and turn the water black whereas the pure h20 stays crystal clear. So voila there you go.

I would have prefferred if they brought a portable filter system and filtered my tap water there and then to show the difference. But I'm a cynic.

The health benefits of pure are many and if as good as they say it should be mandatory to have the system in every house, save a fortune on the health service.

noah

Absolute clap trap,

I had one of those guys around and he started getting angry with us when we were not jumping to buy this overpriced over hyped bucket of sh£$te!!. The presentation is purely about scare tactics and little or no fact. My water was not tested as he claimed.

The test they do is complete rubbish, so what if there are solid matters in your water, such as minerals etc. What matters is what bacteria, if any, what quantites, and also what specific polutants if any. A test that turns your water cloudy and then asks you to fork out 2 and a half grand is a joke.

In my opinion, dont touch these guys. Spend 100 or 150 euros to get your water properly tested to get the real facts about how good or otherwise your water is. THen, if there is a problem with your water, shop around for a filter that will remove the specific issues from your water.

Anyone who forks out 2.5k to a guy who calls around and tells them simply your water is full of contaminents needs is being very sadly misguided and I think ripped off.

Wexfordman

Wexfordman

Agreed, comparing your water with some mysterious liquid from a flask sounds like a marketing con. Also funny how the unusual 23% discount brings the price to a nice round 2k, another marketing trick to pressure you into making a decision quickly without giving it the proper thought. What is the annual charge for?
Leo

we got H20 installed just for the tap in the kitchen for drinking water from H20. very overpriced where as other suppliers would fit a filter for the whole house for nearly the same price if not less. perfectwater

We had one of these guys call to us. Our water went all murky but the salesman couldn't answer if this was caused by pollutants or just minerals in the water. I now that we have alot of iron in our water so I was guessing that that had more to do with the murkiness of the water. We would need a whole house system fo this. As well as that you can't used softened water for babies bottles so it's a good idea to leave a tap filter free in the house.
Wasn't impressed with H2O and we didn't even get our free gift.

Does anyone know where to get our water independently tested?

We got a water softner fitted by a local plumber 18 months ago cost- under 1000, slightly less than quoted above.

The best advice is to get the water tested by a professional water test company. This used to be done by your local council but was outsourced to private companies.

We have a well based water system so needed to get the test done. They give a detailed clinical report on whats in your water.Once you know that you have a good idea what you need to fix.

In general, you will want to see what
1) minerals (dissolved) are in your water.
2) choliforms (total or fecal). Total for degraditing vegatation and fecal from ingress of sewage. You dont want either of these....
3) hardness of water

In the end, we opted for a water softener,UV light and a water purifier. Total cost was about 3.2k.
Water is now excellent --- note I had the water retested about 3 months after the installation to make sure it was working ok....

My parents had a guy call out last night and demonstrate this system to them. I was sickened by the whole process. I was just in the door and he started having a go at me for buying bottled water and that bottled water is filthy. Whatever he did though it worked because my parents have agreed to invest. I'm slightly concerned so if anyone has any other information about the system I would greatly appreciate it.

I'm on a public water supply and fitted one of these three months ago.

http://www.reverseosmosis.ie/product_1.htm cost €250 delivered to your door by courier. Self install.

It's a great piece of kit and the five stages of filtering give great tasting water and perfect for tea and coffee compared to using water straight from the mains tap.

My parents had a guy call out last night and demonstrate this system to them. I was sickened by the whole process. I was just in the door and he started having a go at me for buying bottled water and that bottled water is filthy. Whatever he did though it worked because my parents have agreed to invest. I'm slightly concerned so if anyone has any other information about the system I would greatly appreciate it.

Wheels,
The guy obviously frightened your parents into buying it. The called to my house, and "tested" my water to the effect it turned a horrible orange/brown colour, but when pressed the guy could not say what was in it, and if it was harmfull or not, he was talking through his arese as far as I'm concerned.

Tell your parents to go and get their water tested by someone independent, who are only interested in testing your water, and not in selling you an over-priced over hyped gadget that they probably don't need.

If the test shows that there are problems, then they should go about getting a water treatment solution, but not because some gy knocked on the door and said they need it. We all know he was going to say that before he even walked in the door.
Wexfordman

Pure H2O are known by a number of local authorities for using this "test" to try and scare people into buying their systems. Do not do buy their system, it is over priced and not of any use...

insert a gadget with 2 prongs for each glass.

This is the old "Jam Jar" Scam and which has been mentioned here several times before. Try googling combinations of the following words "water quality jam jar scam".

If your water will conduct electricity so the copper out of one of the prongs will go into solution discolouring the water. The sample does not conduct electricity so nothing will go into solution to discolour the sample water (probably Reverse Osmosis water or maybe even distilled water).

[broken link removed]

I had this system installed almost 2 years ago and find it very good. The water is good and there is no bad (chlorine type) taste on tea brewed. In fact I notice the difference when I go and have tea in some of my neighbours houses. The annual fee is to give you peace of mind in knowing that an engineer will call and make good any defect including filter. This add explains all
[broken link removed].

I have nothing to do with PureH2O apart from being a customer. I thought it was very expensive installation but looking back now I am happy we have it installed and use it daily. Have not bought one bottle of water since installation.

We all have different choices to make in life! Use this facility wisely and if you are happy with what you have got then its an easy choice to make

I had the demo last night. Tests as described earlier but extra one which claims to measure bacterial contamination. Our water was okay so I didn't buy - didn't feel under any pressure to do so. Said to him I would put up his company on my favourite bulletin board - take a bow Brendan - and see what the feedback was. Saw this thread then. The E137 is an annual service charge for replaceable parts etc.

Their guarantee says that no other filtering system has the number of stages/ takes 99.99% of "stuff" out of the water and if anyone can find one that does they will give you your money back and you can keep the system. Quite something to put in writing. Another poster paid over three grand for a kit, if I read the post aright.

With this in mind is anyone prepared to say that a self-install kit e.g. the reverse osmosis kit mentioned above, is as good?

My parents went ahead and got the system installed, and I have to say I'm impressed. The difference in the water is fantastic, they also did a neat job of installing it. It does however seem to be slightly acidic if that makes sense, I notice when I drink it that it makes me gassy.

The company is currently working its way around Ireland and reached our house today.

He claimed to be offering free water tests for his own research needs and did not mention that he was selling a product. He will undoubtedly return later with the sales pitch.

The water test used does NOT test water safety as their documentation attempts to lead people into believing.

I’m sure that there will be many unfortunate people who they will conn into purchasing their overpriced filtration system but don’t let yourself be one of them.

If they claim that your water is unsafe to drink, simply ask for it in writing to send to the Council.

Aslo see here: Water Survey

This is an interesting article [SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]

[/FONT]
[/SIZE]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]UNMASKING THE MYTHS OF REVERSE OSMOSIS[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular][SIZE=-1]Every year, thousands of concerned homeowners invest hundreds of dollars in a reverse osmosis system. Virtually all of these individuals purchase these R/O systems not knowing some very important facts about the system.

[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]MYTH #1: [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular][SIZE=-1]Reverse osmosis water costs you only a few pennies a gallon to produce.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]TRUTH#1:[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular] [SIZE=-1]To preserve any reasonable or moderate percentage of water purity(compared to manufacturer's claims), major portions of the system must be changed on a frequent basis.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular][SIZE=-1]When the cost of the filter and membrane changes are added to the cost of wasted water and plumber costs and divided into the number of gallons used by the homeowner over a period of one year(a realistic membrane replacement interval), the true cost per gallon will run between 25 and 35 cents per gallon. This is comparable with the operating cost of steam distillation systems.

[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]MYTH #2:[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular] [SIZE=-1]Membranes will last several years.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]TRUTH #2:[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular] [SIZE=-1]With good membranes running from $50 to $150 each(and some for "multi-level" marketing R/O units running up to $300 each), one can see why manufacturers are prone to "stretch the truth" about the expected lifetime of this expensive replacement item.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular][SIZE=-1]Even the newer TFC membranes(which are more expensive), tend to foul more easily than older technology, thus costing the homeowner even more money to keep his R/O system operating anywhere near the manufacturer's claims of water purity.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular][SIZE=-1]Few if any any reverse osmosis manufacturers(or distributors) provide performance data as a function of in-service operating time. Remember, the test data was obtained in a laboratory---not a homeowner's kitchen. The conditions and results are dramatically different---and reverse osmosis is a very "unforgiving" system under these conditions.

[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]MYTH#3:[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular] [SIZE=-1]Reverse osmosis will provide water that is 95-99% free of water-borne contaminants.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]TRUTH #3: [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular][SIZE=-1]Reverse osmosis, when combined with a simple carbon filter WILL provide drinking water which is 98-99% free of ORGANIC CHEMICALS(chemicals which contain carbon(TCE for example); chlorine, free ammonia, etc.).[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular][SIZE=-1]However, any carbon filter will do the same. In a home operating environment, R/O will remove only 50-80% of inorganic salts(sodium, etc) after a few months of operation.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular][SIZE=-1]In only rare cases do we find R/O systems removing in excess of 80% of dissolved solids(lime, sodium, heavy metals, etc) after a few months of in-home operation. The results obtained from testing hundreds of customer's water samples from in-home operating R/O units conclusively shows that manufacturer's claims for water purity are simply not being met.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular][SIZE=-1]Many times manufacturers will give sheets and sheets of test data showing extremely high equipment performance---and then in the small print we read "...the actual performance of (brand name) reverse osmosis systems may be less due to changes in water pressure, individual membrane efficiency, level of incoming contaminants, type of water contaminants, etc".[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular][SIZE=-1]This is the manufacturer's "out" as they say---leaving you, the customer, holding the bag. The question here is, "...when you buy a water purifier, are you buying a system capable of providing specific in-home performance---or are you simply buying a bunch of test data sheets which do not relate to your home's water conditions."

[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular][SIZE=-1]Finally, the gradual degradation of the R/O water quality is difficult for the customer to detect, and by the time he or she decides to find out if the system is working, chances are the system is removing little or nothing---and the customer is drinking what amounts to tap water.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I am opposed to the use of the "Precipitator Test" to misrepresent the quality of bottled, purified or mains tap water and would like to see an end to end this practice. currently used in the Dublin area by high pressure water-filter salespeople.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It is claimed that some filter systems like reverse osmosis reduce the essential minerals in drinking water.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Water undertakings treat and monitor the relatively cool and clean mains water.[/FONT]

Filtering mains water may occasionally be justified this is best done by a regularly replaced jug filter which can be left in the refrigerator.

I prefer cool water with essential minerals and pond life.
Certainly not water strained through a bacteria laden soup that has been stored at room temperature for days on end.(Filter)

I do have to advise removal of installations when they are shoved into a small press with a central heating boiler

Last edited:
Is "Pure H2O" a brand? Or are we talking H2O as in water with no impurities? Is this not the same as distilled water? Is this not dangerous to drink?

I can't believe people spend so much on bottled water, mineral water, spring water, etc, with all these "healthy" extras. Now the trend is for no extras.

This planet badly need a reality check, or maybe another Perrier incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back