Purchasing State Saving Products

quickinvestor

Hello, new to this forum. I recently sold a house, and I have 690,000k sitting in deposit at one big bank.

I fear the banks was to collapse, I would only be insured for 100k. I have been told by person at bank that very unlikely.but I should invest for inflation reasons.

Plan of action.

Keep 100K on Desposit ( as its insured)

I want to put 120,000k into the National solidarity 10-year bond.

I want to put 120,000k into the 5-year saving certificate

Any other suggestions for the 350,000K ?

I am not looking for a big return, just some where to hold the money with a little return. I hope to buy a house or two in the future when the prices come down. I would like to buy in dublin so will wait for better quailty house to appear.

Any other products out there, that offer a simliar outcome to the ones above.

I would be willing to put 100k into a more risky fund, or should I just spend that money and buy shares in the big irish companies myself?

Anyways, please feel free to comment the bonds.

Thanks for the reply.

My financial position is strong. However, I would like to invest the money to keep up with inflation.

I believe a net return of 6000 euro ( Saving Certificate Year 5) + 19200 euro (National Solidary Bond 10 year)

When you do the maths in Year 5 over the two bonds the net return is 14100 euro.

and if I reinvest the saving cert again AFTER Year 5, based on 1% AER for another 5 years with the next issue.

That would be 12,000 + 19200= Net 31200 euro return over 10 years with state savings

This is good for a no stress investment for the safe part of my portfolio

Any views ?

Back