Purchased Shares but not Registered for 2 Months

ontherun

I purchased Vodafone shares on 20th Nov. last, knowing that they were recording dividend payments the following day. I didn't get my share cert until late last month, after a few phone calls. I was told that Computershare or Vodafone, I'm not sure which, were out of Share Certs at the time. The Dividends were paid out on the 6th Feb. and I didn't get mine. I went online to look up my details and I'm only registered for having shares on the 26th Jan, despite the fact that I actually bought them on 20th Nov. Is it normal practice to be recorded as a shareholder only on the day they issue the Cert or was I not technically a Shareholder on the purchase date? It's small money but it's the principle of it.

There can be many reasons for the delay, but if you are correct that you purchased them with the dividend, then you should contact your broker, who will chase it up on your behalf.

Thanks Ravima. I emailed Computershare last night, they told me to contact the Broker. I didn't have time today but will phone them tomorrow.

Back