Purchased second hand property - how long to show up on land registry

Markel

I purchased a second hand property in the autumn that was on the registry of deeds as it was from the 1950s and not sold before. I understand that it is mandatory to be registered on the land registry however it still isn't showing on land direct - does anyone know how long it takes to typically appear after the sale has closed?

As far as I know that should be of no concern to you. That is unless you purchased it without paperwork, legalities, etc.

It takes time.
I bought one in 2012 and it took 6 months.
Bought another in 2018 and it took 5 months.

It takes time.
I bought one in 2012 and it took 6 months.
Bought another in 2018 and it took 5 months.
Thanks! It's in my nature to worry :) I'll aim to remortgage after one year fixed rate period is up so if it should be done by then I'm satisfied enough.

You can set alerts on landdirect.ie for the parcel of interest. You'll get an email automatically.

You can set alerts on landdirect.ie for the parcel of interest. You'll get an email automatically.
A very useful feature, but I don't think it's possible in this case - house was previously on registry of deeds so there is no folio on land registry.

Best person to answer the question is OP's own solicitor.

There are a number of situations that arise that mean that the lodging solicitor can't use what is called the Form 3 procedure- this is where the solicitor certifies the title to the PRAI and registration usually only takes a few weeks/months.

In some cases, the solicitor will have to use the Form 1 procedure- this is where the PRAI investigate the title. I have some Form 1 dealings languishing in the PRAI since 2015. They have a chronic shortage of experienced Title Examiners.

Most solicitors would advise a purchaser if they anticipated a long delay in registration.

mf

Back