Purchased in Spain

Debbie

Hi,
Does anyone know if you can sell a property off plan in Spain. We have put 50,000 euro down on it and it will be ready by october at latest. But we can no longer afford to take it due to unfortunate personal circumstances! The agent told us we will probably not get our money back. Please help!!

You can sell before completion alright but you'll find it difficult as everybody else is doing the same. What part of Spain? If it's the Costa del Sol forget about it.

Did you involve a solicitor in the purchase? If so, he/she should be able to advise.

In short yes it usually is. However some contract are not transferable you would need to have the contract checked.

i know in some developments on the costa del sol the builder will sell on the property for you. The only down size is the commision they look for is 8/10%. However this is not to bad if the property has appreciated in value.

Thanks for the info everyone. The house is in Costa Blanca and the solicitor is with the agent so I would not go near them.

Debbie said:
Hi,
Does anyone know if you can sell a property off plan in Spain. We have put 50,000 euro down on it and it will be ready by october at latest. But we can no longer afford to take it due to unfortunate personal circumstances! The agent told us we will probably not get our money back. Please help!!

Hi Debbie

Sorry to hear that. I bought off plan on the Costa Blanca as well, though ours went through ok.

In retrospect, we knew nothing i.e. we went with all the recommendations that the Agent gave us including the Bank Account and the Solicitors.

Straight off I can recommend a website to you, http://www.torrevieja.co.uk/ which has a good messageboard to ask. From this board I just recently got recommended a good solicitors from a poster who has an excellent helpful track record.

Jorge Catalán
Belchi Asociados S.L
C/ Manero Mollá 16, 5º Pta. 2
03001 Alicante
telf: 00.34.965.14.05.69 fax: 00.34.965.21.91.77
e-mail: [email protected]

http://www.belchiasociados.com/

Hope that helps, and it all works out.

Back