Purchase of notional service - should I receive tax relief?

justo

Late last year I bought a year’s notional service for the year at the very beginning of my employment contract when I was temporary, before becoming a permanent member of staff.

I’m notified Review of the payment by declaring it with My Account on Revenue.ie

I’m confused now. Should I receive a rebate or some tax relief in my salary now?

TIA

If you notified Revenue, then you should get a refund of tax . Are you making a tax return for 2020 on ROS? If so, then the payment will get included in the final calculation.

The amount allowed in any tax year is limited by what is allowed in pension contributions.
However you can carry forward any amount to the following tax years.

If you notified Revenue, then you should get a refund of tax . Are you making a tax return for 2020 on ROS? If so, then the payment will get included in the final calculation.

I will be making a tax return (as part of my wife’s sole trader annual return) which my wife’s accountant does. We’re jointly assessed so perhaps this is where things get a bit hard to follow. I have submitted a query to Revenue so hopefully I’ll get a response soon

Back