Purchase not noted on Property Price Register

Gooner84

Hi All

We purchased our home in August of this year and it is not noted on the residential property price register yet. Can someone tell me how sales get published on the register?

Thanks

They get there from the Stamp Duty returns.
Has your solicitor sent you any confirmation that he has paid this yet?

This is not an isolated incident and is probably as a result of misspelling,all addresses are manually inputted by data entry clerks as far as I understand.

Try every possible spelling of the address,I had a similar problem a while ago and it took me 5 minutes before I stumbled across the property,it was there alright but spelled in a way that would suggest who ever keyed it was either drunk or dim witted.

The spelling thing is quite common. Try searching on http://propertypriceregisterireland.com. There is a number of spelling fixes done in that db. You can also limit it by date (include the month before/after) and the price range which will normally find the property.

All that said, there have been a few cases of properties sold but the returns not submitted. If you can't find it after the above, send a note to your solicitor asking for a receipt of the stamp duty being paid for your records.

No sign of my place on the register. Bought 2 and a half years ago. Have searched every possible permutation, and have confirmation from solicitor that stamp duty was paid.

If you have confirmation, request a written receipt. The register is a direct pull from the eStamping system. If it isn't there, it means the stamp return wasn't paid. You yourself are liable for it should the Revenue decide to pursue things.

I was searching the Property price register recently and found a property registered in a Co which should have been registered in another county about a hundred miles away so it may not be your solicitors fault

Thanks all - just checked and the property is noted as Rosslare Strand instead of Rosslare Harbour. The price paid is also incorrect, it is noted at €16k extra than i paid!

How do I get it changed to the correct figures?

I'd be less worried about the figure being higher as worst case you over paid the stamp duty but your solicitor may be able to update the estamp with Revenue. Be warned, it can take a long time for changes to filter through.

Back