Purchase limit on State Savings

Discussion in 'Deposits' started by Logo, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Logo

Logo Frequent Poster

I was informed that a 5-year saving cert is maturing at end of the month (issue 17). I want to re-invest again in the 5-year product but already have the maximum purchase per individual for issue 22 (i.e. €120K). Can a reinvestment exceed the 120K limit?
    Thanks in advance.

2. noproblem

noproblem Frequent Poster

If you're married and still trust each other :) you can both invest the maximum.

Sue Ellen likes this.
  3. Logo

Logo Frequent Poster

Thanks for the info noproblem but can the €120K limit per individual be exceeded by re-investment of an earlier issue?

4. Gordon Gekko

Gordon Gekko Frequent Poster

No, it cannot

5. Logo

Logo Frequent Poster

Thanks Gordon Gekko. I could be wrong but I was sure that limits could be exceeded when reinvesting - but maybe that was for reinvestment of bank saving accounts.

6. Logo

Logo Frequent Poster

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
    Apologies but maybe I should have researched more thoroughly before posting the query...

1.3 There is no limit on Savings Certificates in Issue 22 that are held as a result of: (a) transfers to you in accordance with condition 17 (Death of a Holder) of the General Terms and Conditions; and/or (b) investment by you of proceeds on the maturity of your other Products.
    (Source: From http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/downloads/statesavings/SavingCertRules2012.pdf)

Or maybe I'm misreading this?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018