Pumped in insulation?

Re: Recommendation for company to do pumped in insulation?

Thanks for that suggestion-will get going on that this weekend.;)

Took look into our ESB box this evening to find out that we do indeed have cavity blocks which leaves the pumped insulation a non starter for us.

As previously posted I am getting Shannon Insulation (no affiliation) to pump the cavities in my house next week. They use an open cell polyurethane foam (Aerolite) which has a British cert. Apparently this foam expands as it sets and will also help to make my house very airtight.
My house is about 3000sqft with 110mm cavities and its costing me 2500 plus vat. I plan to hire a thermal imaging camera afterwards to make sure all the cavity is properly filled. I will also dryline all exterior walls with 38mm composite board and I will achieve a u value of 0,19 with this method

We're doing a self build. Having pearls pumped into the cavity in conjunction with kingspan.

Heres hoping its for the best...

Hi mummol! Do you mean you had a cavity part-filled with kingspan boards, then filled the remaining gap with pearls?

How did that work out for you?
Thanks!
LL

Rahman,

I have also got my walls pumped with Bead but I'm wondering where I could hire a thermal imaging camera to see if cavity is filled.

PS The guys pumping the bead did not pump the attic gable end walls as they indicated the pumped bead will rise 3 feet after being pumped

Stevo

Hi we had our walls pumped with foam in the building of the house which is approx. 40 years ago. I have noticed lately that the outer walls are very cold to touch, and thats only inches from the radiators. I have asked on a previous thread if anybody knows how long this insulation lasts, and if it needs to be redone, but i got no answers to the thread. I would appreciate any advice please.

Back