Public Service Promotion

Most Public Service Union bosses are only interested in their six figure salaries and getting soft interviews from their lefty cronies in the media. Thats why they were so angry with the Dublin Firemen Teachers and Guards who stood up to the government and wouldnt accept Haddington rd and Landsdowne rd agreements. Those groups showed the power of collective action and the Government folded

Does that mean they are happy when someone who is only in a job a short time is promoted ahead of a far more experienced person because the new guy is just much better at the job?

Yeah, right. I know 2 people in my own family who were told by the union rep if they did not join the union they would never be promoted. Unions have their own cronies and favourites as well

Just to answer your questions:- Although I have been involved in union representation at local level, I have never come across either situation. I am not saying neither happened, I am saying categorically that I never came across such situations and if I did I would not condone or support the situations.

I have always been in favour that the most suitable person for the job in competition should be the successful candidate.

Leper, I dont accept the suggestion made by an earlier poster in this thread that the public service is "totally corrupt" but your post does seem a more balanced reflection. Can you understand why the general public are disgusted with the public service. The antics you describe waste tax payers money and affect the services delivered to the public.

Like yourself Cremeegg, I don't believe that the public service is "totally corrupt" but neither is it totally honest in promotions.

If I failed to answer any question please feel free to inform me and I will.

Back