Public service injury at work allowance

Nicolafk

Would anybody have any information on this allowance as my work place will not provide me with information I've read what I can online but still unsure if I'm eligible for this scheme after an accident I had at work

Thanks

1. There is no such allowance.
2. Every Accident-on-Duty must be investigated and probably details returned as to the "seriousness", how it occurred and the steps taken to rectify (Incident Report Form).
3. You may be entitled not to have the sick leave due to the accident counted over the one year and four year "read-backs" regarding half and nil-rate-of-pay. As far as I know there is a 3 month limit on this sick leave.
4. There is a possibility that while you are on sick leave that you may be entitled to the Overtime, Night Duty Allowance, Saturday Allowance, Sunday Premium for which you would have been rostered.

All of the above is considered bearing in mind how the accident occurred, your line manager's report etc.

Sorry leper it's called injury grant scheme?? I was never informed of this scheme and all my sick leave was used after an accident in work do you know if I can apply now for this to try get my sick leave reinstated?

Thanks

I think Gipimann got it right there and the websites are spot on although short of much information. I'm not au fait with the situation as this is a relatively new scheme and I retired several months ago. I made a few phone calls earlier and I think this sort of situation is confined to nurses, midwives, health care assistants, attendants and such like staff only who work for our Health Service and for specific situations involving patients. I understand things are slow in being received by local management and the terms and conditions have not fully been explained yet. Again, I'm devoid of much information, but I reckon this scheme was introduced where a patient would assault a hospital/health care worker where the worker would not be in a position to defend himself/herself fully and where the health of the patient would be somewhat compromised.

Thanks for both of your replies i know this policy was updated last year my HR department dont know much about it havent even got the application forms very strange.

The application form can be downloaded from the INMO website. See Gipimann's post earlier for details.

Back