Public Sector Pension Superannuation and A rated prsi

Meath Lady

Can anyone explain in simple english how the superanuation and A rated prsi works for pension purposes. I have only rejoined the public sector in 2006 at age 49 and am paying both prsi full contributions and superannuation.I have not yet got the required 520 contributions for elegibility but hope to have. I am not sure how long my job will last. Am I correct in thinking I will just be eligible for one combined pension. Any help would be appreciated.

Try phoning Citizens Advice - I have found them really helpful on related matters.

Search the Public sector pensions forum for "integrated" and "coordinated" and to get some information. Ask your HR department for the superannuation rule book. Also some public service trade unions know a lot about the schemes in their area.

What part of the civil/public service are you working in? Rules vary somewhat between schemes.

Thanks for your help. I am working in the Education Sector as a SNA. I will seek advice from the union and Citizens advice but was trying to simplify this for information purposes.

Back