Pub license

Blackie

Dear all,
I have inherited a village pub that is unfortunately closed down due to lack of customers and basically the poor economic climate, not to mention new drink driving laws etc. Has anyone here experience on selling the license and how to go about it. I will convert the pub into a private dwelling. Any information is appreciated.

You say that the pub was not trading. If the license was not renewed yearly, and allowed to lapse for a period of 3 years it will will expire and can be renewed. The going price
has dropped substantially over the last number of years. A rough estimate 50 to 60K.

Thanks for your replies, the pub license is renewed yearly but just not operating. There is a house attached to it and the pub space is about 110 sq meters.

You'll get around €60k tops. Almost everyday you'll see an advert in the Indo looking for pub licences in the small adverts section. You're as well to answer that and see how you get on unless you know the right people in the grocery trade or similar. By the way, I think you're supposed to open the premises 1 day a year for the public in order to renew the licence, the important word being "supposed".

Back