PTSB's New Current Account Offer - €100 to switchers!

In August 2015, the Irish Independent reported that PTSB would be changing their current account offering in September 2015. It was assumed that this meant fees were on the way, it now seems that is not the case.

Today, PTSB have added a new brand offer to their website. The details are [broken link removed].

Switch to a permanent tsb Current Account and pick up our ICE Visa Credit Card and we'll give you a €100 bonus.

Get this great €100 offer by following these steps:
Step 1: Switch your Current Account by submitting an Account Switching Form before the 8th November 2015 and complete the switch before the 13th December 2015

Step 2: Apply for and get our ICE Visa Credit Card before the 8th November 2015

Step 3: Use your new Credit Card within the first 4 weeks of it being issued

Get our great benefits!
We’ll give you a €100 cash bonus (€50 will be credited to your Current Account and €50 to your Credit Card before 31/12/15) on top of all the great benefits you’ll get with our Current Account and our ICE Visa Credit Card:

• No day to day transaction fees on your Current Account or Credit Card
  • No quarterly Current Account fees if you lodge €1,500 monthly
  • 0% (fixed) on Credit Card purchases for the first 3 months, after which a Representative APR of 18.4% (variable) will apply to any outstanding balances and any future purchases
  • Interest-free credit for up to 56 days
Other fees and charges may apply.

Once you apply to switch your Current Account, we will work with your old bank on your behalf to switch your account over to us, even your balance and Standing Orders/Direct Debits. You’ll just need to let your employer know your new account details and double check [broken link removed].

Not interested in a Credit Card? You can still get a €50 bonus if you switch your Current Account. There’s no bonus offer at the moment for only switching your Credit Card, but you can still get the great rates available on our ICE Visa Credit Card.

Last edited:
So, it seems that PTSB are, for now at least, keeping free day-to-day banking if you deposit at least 1,500 EUR per month.

On top of that PTSB will pay switchers between 50 EUR (current account only) and 100 EUR (current account and credit card) when you switch and meet the criteria listed above.

Unlike the KBC, 100 EUR bonus offer, this offer is not limited to students, it is open to all.

Last edited:
i Would like to switch but would be concerned about mortgage not being paid on time as IT goes by direct debit along With life insurance. plus the child benefit and me wifes maternity benefit gets paid into our boi current account. im sick of having to keep 3k in the account to avoid daily fees plus IT is frustrating i haver to pay maintenence fees on the boi current account. i May wait until the maternity benefit ends early next year then switch as its a struggle to keep 3k in the account.

I have free banking with UB as over 60 I wonder would I retain this if I switched to PTSB

I recently came across an old switch current account statement i held with Ptsb with a few cents in the balance. I would like to leave AIB whom I have been with for years to avail of the free banking with Ptsb. When I rang Ptsb the guy said the current account I have is not available anymore, I can carry on using it and it qualifies for free banking, I don't even have to put in the 1500 euro every month. It sounds too good to be true. Is this correct,?

Well if it were me I'd accept the PTSB worker over random people on internet forum!

PTSB had an offer of "Free fees for life" a number of years ago, you probably got the account under that offer.

PTSB had an offer of "Free fees for life" a number of years ago, you probably got the account under that offer.

Yeah you right, my phonecall was hurried. Wish I had known about this earlier. Aib deducting over 35 euro every quarter of fees. I don't mind paying fees for actually conducting counter service, getting bank drafts etc but charging customers for using atm and online services is ridiculous.

Back