PTSB ptsb will tell you over the phone if you are getting a refund

Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you so so much to Brendan for setting up this forum, it has kept me going the last few years.

I would recommend to anyone that is waiting for the rates to be changed or rates that have being changed and your not happy with it contact Padraic Kissane he knows the ins and outs of this situation. Just hope now our letters will be here soon :)
Would also like to say a BIG THANK YOU to Brendan for this website and to all of you that have posted about this as it kept me going for the last few years knowing I wasn't the only one.

You are all very welcome. When the letters come out, I think we should probably organise a pint somewhere to celebrate?

We can have an informal chat/celebration. And then probably arrange a more formal meeting to discuss how to press the cases of those who have not got a satisfactory solution.

Brendan

Rang the FSO, rang PTSB.. no update! Happy for everyone who have received a positive outcome.

I am always late repaying due to financial pressure Bronte

I understand that Gahfan, perhaps AAM can help. Have you looked at the money makeover section, you could do that and see what advice we can give you. That's the best and most practical part of this website I think.

With a reduced mortgage and a lump sum you should be able to try and get back on track so that you are never again in arrears.

There is another wider issue to this overcharging issue that Burgess may open a thread about. The fact that people were overcharged may mean they went into overdrafts or other debt and how that should be compensated. Presumable poster Padraic Kissane who is directly working in this area as a well known professional has already looked into it. It can be quite complex.

We got ours back too - Rang the wife to tell her and she started crying, ha-ha. Saving us €600 a month.

I must say with all the sad stories on here over the years it's great this week with posters telling us their good news at last.

Our payment went out today and looking at the amount it looks like we've gone to tracker of 1.10 + ecb which is what was in our contract. So so happy today!!

I have been fighting this for 4 years and overpaying for 6 years, we are saving whether its our money or not. I know exactly who's money it is but next month my mortgage will be 600 less, that's a saving either way.

This fight has never been clear cut and it was 50/50 for many years as to what way it would go. All you need do is look at all the unfortunate stores on AAM to realize this.

I put a special thanks out to all the other customers (80 circa) who went to the FSO as in the end this really helped getting the CB involved and the PTSB step down from appeal. Between phone calls, letters, trips to court rooms etc.. it took a lot of hard work and stress to keep it up. I hope the other 1800 customers also appreciate this! ;)

Also thanks to Brendan & AAM, if I had known about this resource in 2009 I would never have been in this position!

That's a big part of the problem Talder change in the banking system. Customer inertia. It amazes me the fights for a few hundred euro in water and all the people who said they wouldn't pay the household charge yet where real money is at stake only 80 customers took on the banks. Well done to people like you. I've had three cases myself so I know it's not easy. The biggest payout I got was where the bank noticed a mistake - one day the manager rang me to tell me !

I think a lot of people (myself) didn't know or think we had a leg to stand on. As for now, this is were we should show unity. The way the banks are treating this case is ridiculous, it shows total lack of respect to affected customers. I mean some people got told on monday and yet here we are on friday and still a long way off getting definitive word from ptsb.

Great news. Well done all!

Would any of you be prepared to talk to a journalist about this? If so email me at brendan at this website. ASAP.

Brendan
I would be more than happy to talk about this...my online account is showing 1.15% and im still coming to terms with the great news...the forum of support has been brilliant.

Hi Taldar & Bronte i have been in the same boat as the 80 people the Ombudman kept under it wing. I and a lot of other people that did all the same things you did and he ruled against us very had to watch 80 been looked after and we were cast aside my fight as also been 5 years

Hi Taldar & Bronte i have been in the same boat as the 80 people the Ombudman kept under it wing. I and a lot of other people that did all the same things you did and he ruled against us very had to watch 80 been looked after and we were cast aside my fight as also been 5 years
I feel the same Ella, the more time that passes the more upset I am over the 3.3%. I can think of 3 lines of attack but feel defeated and tired after 5 years of financial ruin. No incentive to continue paying the mortgage. We were punished for being cautious and going on fixed rates and dealing with donkies

Hi Everyone,
Firstly I'd like to congratulate all those that have received positive outcomes, I hope that you all are compensated for Ptsb's wrongdoing.

What Ptsb did was deliberate, there was no 'glitch'.

My mortgage rate at its peak was 6.95%.It is now 5.5.

The damage caused to me, my health and my family is immeasurable.

The way the bank has made me feel about my home being basically a debt prison will stay with me for a long time.

I will be demanding compensation irrespective of what rate I am eventually put on or how the overcharged amount is returned.

Good luck to all.

Had previously bought an apartment with a family member so my home was deemed to be an investment property.

Hi everyone this site is really great and has helped me a lot for peace of mind knowing that others were fighting the same cause
I took my case to the ombudsman
About 4 or 5 years ago and haven't heard anything as yet from ptsb.
Nobody should accept the compensation and if the 2,000 people all unite and fight the ptsb bank we would be heard especially with an election next year
We need at least €20,000 in personal compensation alone apart from any money we are owed"
Money owed is not compensation as ptsb is stating but just people being reimbursed"
We need real compensation
Don't be fooled by banks jargon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back