PTSB ptsb will tell you over the phone if you are getting a refund

Status
Not open for further replies.
My rate has come down too to 1.15. I really hope everyone else gets tracker back too. Now I'm with you Padraic and Joe351980, Ptsb need to be held accountable for what they have done to us all over the last 6 years. Hopefully letters will arrive soon and we can discuss.

My mortgage rate went from 4.5% to 3.3% today. Rang PTSB who refused to give any info whatsoever- have to wait for the review to be completed and for written confirmation in the post! What I can't understand is how they can go ahead and change our interest rates and then refuse to explain where the rate came from!!!

I cannot believe it. I'm not on Open 24 so rang the bank after the above posts. Our mortgage repayments for August - due the 18th August has come down from €1157.00 per month to €785.00, I was so thrilled I forgot to ask what rate we are on. It had not changed yesterday so they are obviously just working through. So emotional, cannot believe after four tough years its finally coming to an end.

Congrats Matan.
RE. Standardisation sheet, you should have got it with your original mortgage contract. If you don't have it, PTSB will send it out to you.

I cannot believe it. I'm not on Open 24 so rang the bank after the above posts. Our mortgage repayments for August - due the 18th August has come down from €1157.00 per month to €785.00, I was so thrilled I forgot to ask what rate we are on. It had not changed yesterday so they are obviously just working through. So emotional, cannot believe after four tough years its finally coming to an end.

It's great to hear stories like this.

In my contract there is a table to show how much will be paid each year, its called the illustrative Amortisation Table. On the next page it calls out "Assumptions', One of the assumptions is ' The rate is fixed for 3 years. The above table assumes that on expiry of the fixed rate period,the interest rate applicable to the loan will not be more than 1.1 % over the ECB rate.' Hope this helps

Matan that sounds similar to mine 0.8%. I think we need professional advice on all of this. Like I said earlier, PTSB have experts looking into this for the past months/years. The same experts who probably initiated this scam in the first place

I have been searching online since yesterday after looking at my Open24 and seeing rate reduction. I have been oblivious to all this.
Can someone post the link to the Independent article and any other information so I can inform myself.
I contacted PTSB yesterday, got passed through to a specific helpline to be nervously told that they cannot tell me anything and a letter will be issued in the coming days.

Im in shock as my repayment has gone from 5.75% to 2.3%......

I have been searching online since yesterday after looking at my Open24 and seeing rate reduction. I have been oblivious to all this.
Can someone post the link to the Independent article and any other information so I can inform myself.
I contacted PTSB yesterday, got passed through to a specific helpline to be nervously told that they cannot tell me anything and a letter will be issued in the coming days.

Congrats. Great news. If you check out this thread on the Ask About Money website, this will explain how this all came about.
ptsb withdraws appeal to Supreme Court on trackers; CBI taking enforcement action

Just rang the customer care line and our next payment will be at a .85% rate.... Absolutely over the moon.

Ive composed myself and phoned the bank again. My rate is same as Ainefitz 1.15. My Letter of Offer did state on expiry of fixed term it would be 1.1% above ECB rate. I know we have not received our letters yet and not everybodys rate has come down yet either but thank you so so much to Brendan for setting up this forum, it has kept me going the last few years.

Great news. Well done all!

Would any of you be prepared to talk to a journalist about this? If so email me at brendan at this website. ASAP.

Brendan

Hi Rachel

You have a much bigger, very pleasant shock coming to you.

You have been overpaying by about 3% a year on average for a few years. You will be getting a refund of the overcharge.

As you have been claiming tax relief on the excess interest paid, you will have a tax liability on the refund.

Brendan

Last edited:
Hi I am absolutely delighted we got ours back our rate was stated in our contract and that is what we have being put back on.
I actually could cry have so many mixed emotions this has going on so long. I would recommend to anyone that is waiting for the rates to be changed or rates that have being changed and your not happy with it contact Padraic Kissane he knows the ins and outs of this situation. Just hope now our letters will be here soon :)
Would also like to say a BIG THANK YOU to Brendan for this website and to all of you that have posted about this as it kept me going for the last few years knowing I wasn't the only one. Best of Luck to everyone :)

We got ours back too - Rang the wife to tell her and she started crying, ha-ha. Saving us €600 a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back