PTSB ptsb will tell you over the phone if you are getting a refund

Status
Not open for further replies.

PTSBCase

Update: PTSB have a list of all affected customers. I just spoke to them. They are now permitted to let you know over the phone if you are one of the affected customers or not.

The bank has set up a dedicated line for customers who may have queries. The LoCall number is 1890 812 781, Monday – Friday 09.00 – 17.30. Customers dialling from abroad should ring +353 1 2151343.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi PTSBCase,

I'm not sure who you were speaking to in PTSB but I just rang them and they have said they will not know yet for a couple of weeks when they write out to customers, I was speaking with the customer relations department who periodically send me letters to update me in the form of 'we are still investigating etc.....'

I assume you now know then if you are affected or not?

I just got off the phone to them their, all you need is your Morgage number, and they told me their and then. That I was one the customers affected and I would receive a letter in 3 weeks with all the details,

Well done and thanks, what number did you call, was it just the mortgage department?

I got a similar response Lauren5. I was told I am "affected" but he wouldn't say if that translates as I am getting a refund. He said the letter would issue in 2-3 weeks and to carefully read it - I think we have all learned that lesson! It's not the usual phone number Katnia - it's a dedicated line as far as I know.

The bank has set up a dedicated line for customers who may have queries. The LoCall number is 1890 812 781, Monday – Friday 09.00 – 17.30. Customers dialling from abroad should ring +353 1 2151343.

Ye it's that the number I phoned, he said he's a list of customers who where affected and will be receiving letters, it was in the independent yesterday,

Thanks, I've just rang them and was told I'm one of the affected customers too. Thanks all for your help.

Also rang and was confirmed that we were part of the investigation and were impacted. We, along with a few others, were found against by the ombudsman so hopefully this is good news.

Tried ringing ptsb around 5 this evening and kept getting told that customer services was down due to a technical fault. Anyone have a similar problem

Yes I had the same issue. I rang earlier in the day and was told I needed the complaint reference number before they could tell me anything so I rang back when I got home but couldn't get through.

Did you ring the number above in this thread? It's a dedicated line. I don't think the complaints department will help as they are dealing with multiple issues. So try the number above - that would be your best bet.

Good evening....Just to let anyone who might be affected know, I spoke with PTSB today and they were able to confirm that my case IS one of those affected for definite and I will be getting a letter within a week to outline my exact details. Heretofore I was only getting the standard "we will be writing to those affected shortly"....finally they are telling you if you are affected or not.
My details were that I had a 2 year fixed rate and 3 months before the end of the 2 years I was allowed out of the fixed rate on the SVR which saved my about €350 per month so I was delighted. However nothing was disclosed about the 1.1% over ECB tracker that was in the loan and that I couldn't get back on it later. I hope all those who have been through the mill get some closure on this in the very near future....thanks to all the contributions on all the other threads, they gave me hope.
Kind regards,
Rory

Yea rang that number, I wonder why the shut the line down, Is someone getting a rap on the knuckles for giving out that info? Fingers crossed that i'm on the list, i'll be ringing at 9.05 in the morning

Yes it was the above number I tried ringing. My case is a little different to the others so I'm not sure if I've made that list. I'll try again in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back