PTSB will take months to restore borrrowers' trackers

I've being fighting this for years 2, and I'm Reilly nervious what's going be in these letters, I've a feeling their going look for the over paid interest to be takeing off the life time of Morgage, I won't be signing anything with out getting proper advice,

There is no way I'll be letting them take the interest off the life-time of my mortgage. They have taken money off me which should have been my spare cash so that is what I expect to get back from them - cash.

I rang PTSB and was told letters will be issued on the 29th of May. I asked what we should expect in the letter and was told there will be a form a few pages long that people entitled to a refund are required to fill out detailing bank account details, etc. where the refund is to be sent. I was told that each person affected will have 30 days to return the form before the refund is made. I asked was there any compensation to be paid and the PTSB colleague didn't know. A helpline will also be set-up at this time for any queries, etc.

I contacted the bank today to make sure their was no other changes bout letters going out the 29th of may, and now their saying their going out in batches, being spread out over 10 days, feeling fed up at this stage, they said all along everybody will receive their letters together,

Permanent TSB to pay €25,000 refunds to tracker customers

Refunds averaging €25,000 each could be paid to a large number of Permanent TSB mortgage holders as soon as next month, it has emerged.

Back