PTSB variable rate mortgage holders - what rate are you on?

Deisce

Are you a PTSB variable rate mortgage holder?
If so what rate are you on (according to last letter)? There appears to be 3 rates.
One is a SVR that older customers are on. This is the one they quote in the media constantly including today's Morning Ireland. This rate is 5.4%
But there are two more that I think the majority of us are on
<80% LTV ?
>80% LTV. 6.15%
My question to you is:
· what rate are you on currently (according to most recent letter)
· is it a investment property or home?
· what year did you take out your mortgage?
I’ll get ball rolling
I am on 6.15% (>80% LTV variable rate) and am a first time buyer who bought in 2006. My most recent letter was in July and I am awaiting a letter confirming the rate cut announced on 03 Nov 11.

· what rate are you on currently (according to most recent letter)
6.15% (>80% LTV variable rate)
· is it a investment property or home?
home
· what year did you take out your mortgage?
2005 as a first time buyer

I will post some more detail here tomorrow with regards PTSB variable rate v's ECB rate over the last couple of years so as we can see what the difference in PTSB's variable rate to ECB was in 2009 in comparison to 2011. If there is a big difference then why? I have the details filed away at home so will get them this evening and post them ASAP.

We have a mortgage with PTSB and due to come off the fixed rate (currently 4:85% over 5 yrs) in February 2012. I have just gotten off the phone and have been told my only option is SVR @ 5.9% but they are passing on the ECB reduction which should bring it down to 5.65%.
We just got married, my husband bought in 2004 with a friend, we then bought him out (jointly). This will be at least €160 more per month!! Help!!

What rate are you on currently (according to most recent letter)
6.15% (LTV variable rate)
Is it a investment property or home?
Home
What year did you take out your mortgage?
2006, first time buyers

PTSB were very quick to send us a letter when the rate was increasing from 5.9% to 6.15%. It is curious how they don't feel the need to communicate with us so readily when the rate has been decreased.....we are still awaiting confirmation that we are indeed being passed on the November 0.25% cut.

What rate?
Came off 4.85% 5 year fixed last week, letter stated 6.05% for LTV, got letter today saying now at 5.8%
Bought as
Home
What year
2004, first time buyers

Anybody have any idea why we seem to be 0.1% lower than most?

I came of a 3 year fixed last year and was bullied onto SVR as the new fixed rates were quite simply a disgrace. If I remember rightly they offered 2 year fix at 7.1%, can not remember the others.

RATE = >80% LTV, Until today was paying 6.15%

Bought as = Home, First time buyer

Year = 2006

I got a letter today saying new interest rate from November 21, 5.9%

According to the news tonight ECB are to cut rates another 0.25%

I just checked my letter received from PTSB at the end of November. "...due to a recent interest rate change, the monthly repayment on your loan has changed. The new interest rate is 5.44% and is applicable from November 21, 2011." So it seems I already got my reduction of 0.71% last month? I need to phone them to check. I'm not 100% sure that I was on 6.15% prior to that.

Just off the phone to them, my interest rate prior to the November cut was 5.69%. Effective from 29/12/11, my new interest rate will be 5.19%. So no 0.71% for me it seems.

Last edited:
I have a commercial varible rate PTSB mortgage for an investment property. My new variable rate after both ECB rate reductions will be 6.34%

I have a home loan from PTSB and my rate from November 21st was 5.3% so assume it will now drop to 5.05% after yesterdays cut.

Just off the phone with PTSB. No 0.71 cut for us either it seems...
gone from 6.15% to 5.9% and now to 5.65%

Unbelievable.

Back