PTSB moved to Pepper - lost tracker

Trustmeh

I had an investment mortgage with ptsb and was moved to pepper this year.

At ptsb i was on interest only for some time - but later changed to part capital - never missed any payments. I was contacted or i should say notifed that my mortgage was going with a bunch of others to be sold/transferred to Pepper.

Next thing I know im had about 5 rate rises in as many months with pepper. Obviously my tracker mortgage is now gone - and i never had any choice in the matter.

Have I any leg to stand on - or is this just "part of the game".

Why is your tracker obviously gone? That’s exactly what’s supposed to happen. Rates rise yr mortgage is tracked to it…

Tracker rates have increased in line with increases in ECB rates on several occasions during the last 18 months.

Why do you think that you have lost your tracker?

HI Trustmeh,

Pepper have taken over your mortgage, but there should be no change in your terms and conditions.
Your interest rate will rise, if the European Central Bank raises its rates. Unfortunately, for tracker mortgages, this has happened 5 times this year and is likely to happen again in the next few months.
Pepper should write to you each time to notify you of the increase to your mortgage payment, with the new amount clearly stated.

If you are having difficulties meeting the payment you have to contact Pepper, on their helpline. The number is on the attached link.
This also has a useful list of questions relating to the transfer of your mortgage.

Back